2020 Research Recognition Day to be Held on Friday, April 17

Temple University School of Pharmacy will host Research Recognition Day on Friday, April 17, 2020 at 1:00 p.m at the School of Pharmacy.

Research Recognition Day celebrates the research accomplishments of graduate and professional students and Temple University College of Science and Technology undergraduate students who work with faculty mentors. The program leads with a keynote lecture, poster presentation, and reception. The School welcomes poster judges from the academic and professional pharmacy communities. To serve as a Poster Judge, please RSVP here.  

Presenting "Nanomedicine for acute critical illnesses: Drug delivery to the microvasculature," the 2020 Keynote Speaker is Jake Brenner, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor and Attending Physician, Pulmonary, Allergy, & Critical Care Division, and Systems Pharmacology & Translational Therapeutics Department at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Brenner spends 20% of his time taking care of patients in the ICU, and the other 80% developing technologies for the diseases he treats clinically. His lab, which started at the University of Pennsylvania in July 2018, is focused on "nanomedicine for acute critical illnesses." As explained on his lab website, www.brennerbioengineeringlab.com, they package drugs into nano-scale vehicles and target them to organs affected by acute critical illnesses (ACIs). ACIs are those diseases that produce immediate risk of death or organ damage, and include stroke, sepsis, ARDS, and many more. Dr. Brenner’s lab collaborates heavily with industry on these nanomedicine projects. In addition to his work on nanomedicine, Dr. Brenner has also started 3 funded medical device companies, including one with FDA approval.  

 
To sponsor Research Recognition Day, please email cvv110@temple.edu.