Dr. Rotz Promoted to Clinical Associate Professor
Melissa E. Rotz, PharmD, BCPS has been promoted to Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice in the Department of Pharmacy Practice, effective July 1, 2020.
Dr. Rotz's promotion follows the recommendations of all constituencies of the School of Pharmacy. She has been an outstanding example of how a new clinical faculty member can come to the School and have an immediate impact.
For example, Dr. Rotz:
- established a successful clinical practice and a nationally recognized IPPE site in conjunction with the Kornberg School of Dentistry Dental School clinic
- has been a driving force in the establishment and expansion of the Interprofessional Education (IPE) program on the Temple Health Science Center Campus
- has been productive in publishing the Temple IPE experience and outcomes in peer-reviewed journals
- received the Award of Excellence in Scholarship in Experiential Education at the 2019 AACP Annual Meeting
- was a finalist for the Lyman Award and was nominated for two additional awards by the Experiential Education Special Interest Group at AACP for her creation of innovative experiential education experiences for pharmacy students
Dr. Rotz accomplished all of this while handling and excelling in her didactic, recitation, and clinical teaching assignments.