Why Temple University School of Pharmacy (TUSP)?
- We're in Philadelphia, one of the most vibrant, historic cities in the U.S., known for its art museums, professional sports teams, restaurants, and exciting activities for students.
- We're located on the Health Sciences Campus of Temple University, providing outstanding opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning with students from other healthcare programs, including Temple's Medical, Dental, and Podiatric Schools plus the College of Public Health.
- We're in the heart of the East Coast pharmaceutical industry and are proud of our strong relationship with the FDA and the nation's top pharmaceutical companies.
- Our faculty are active clinical practitioners, outstanding pharmaceutical scientists, and top experts from the FDA and pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology industries.
- Our School offers the perfect combination of big school resources with a small-school atmosphere (Princeton Review).
- A recent Gallup Study proved how Temple School of Pharmacy is famous for its caring family atmosphere.
- We welcome students from more than 100 foreign countries and have been graduating women and minorities for over 100 years
Outstanding, Hard-to-Find Labs
- You can perform hands-on research with our world-renowned faculty in the School's facilities, including:
- Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research, with high throughput screening capabilities generally only available in industry;
- Proteomics Lab, where pioneeering studies in diabetes are being pursued;
- Jayne Haines Center for Pharmacogenomics and Drug Safety, where personalized medicine is becoming a reality;
- Sterile Products Lab, where students gain experience with parenteral products;
- Compounding Lab, where PharmD students become skilled in making specialized products for patients by hand;
- Good Manufacturing Practices Lab (GMP), one of only 6 such University facilities in the country, where students can make placebo tablets on industrial equipment, following GMP regulations.
Multiple Career Paths and Degree Choices Available
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) - the entry-level professional degree for pharmacists
- PhD and MS degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences with concentrations in Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics or Pharmacodynamics
- MS in Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance - the nation's first academic degree in this field celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018
- MS in Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance Regulations - preparing students for careers in benefit-risk analysis for healthcare products
- Elective tracks, internships, rotation options and residency programs for PharmD students
- The BA + PharmD Dual-Professional Program in cooperation with Temple’s College of Science and Technology
Top Students and Successful Graduates
- Our PharmD students consistently earn a top NAPLEX pass rate.
- Our MS in RAQA graduates hold leadership positions in the FDA as well as the pharmaceutical, device, and biotechnology industries.
- Our PharmD graduates include the Assistant Surgeon General of the U.S. and highly successful pharmacists and industry leaders.
- Our Pharmaceutical Sciences graduates hold research positions around the world.
Experiential Rotations for PharmD students
- Our clinical rotations include more than 300 sites in more than 80 national and international locations, including Guatemala, Vietnam, the Crowne Point Indian Reservation in New Mexico, the Ketchikan Tribal Health Clinic in Alaska, and the FDA. Other schools often charge extra for such learning experiences, but not at Temple.
Mine Your Mind at Temple University School of Pharmacy.
Tuition and Financial Aid