diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Along with Temple University, the School of Pharmacy is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Temple University School of Pharmacy’s location in metropolitan Philadelphia, one of the nation’s most iconic cities, provides aspiring healthcare leaders with opportunities to make a real impact on the diverse surrounding communities.
The Temple University Health Sciences Center Campus facilitates collaboration with other health professional educators, clinicians, and researchers in the Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine, the Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, the School of Podiatric Medicine, and the Temple University Hospital and health system.
In June 2021, The Lown Institute, a nonpartisan health care think tank based in Boston, ranked Temple University Hospital as the most racially inclusive hospital in Pennsylvania and the 13th most racially inclusive hospital in the United States. All Temple University School of Pharmacy students get experiential or hands-on education at Temple University Hospital alongside our clinical faculty.
The School of Pharmacy’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force started in Fall 2020 and is gradually evolving as internal leaders and members sign on. To date, the DEI Task Force has carried out the following:
- April 5-9, 2021 - Celebrated "Cultural Diversity Week" by sharing cultural identity content submitted by students on social media platforms
- March 31, 2021 - Hosted the "Women in Science Empowerment" virtual panel
- February 2021 - Promoted the Undergraduate Summer Research Opportunities Program grant opportunity for underrepresented minority students in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- November 17, 2020 - Co-hosted a virtual Immigration Guidance Session with an attorney with the Temple University Office of International Affairs
- November 2, 2020 - Co-hosted a virtual International Affairs Info Session with the Temple University Office of International Affairs
- September 14, 2020 - Co-hosted “Being an Inclusive Leader” with the Temple University department of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Advocacy, and Leadership (IDEAL)
To inquire about the DEI Task Force, contact Katie Battista, Assistant Dean of Marketing & Communications and member of the Temple University DEI Collaborative, at firstname.lastname@example.org.