In Vitro ADME and Pharmacokinetics
The Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research is equiped to provide a wide range of in vitro ADME/PK studies, drug metabolism studies and in vivo Pharmacokinetics (PK) studies in support of drug discovery programs.
Available studies include:
In Vitro Assays
- Microsomal Stability – Human and preclinical species .
- Hepatocyte Stability – Determine direct conjugation or metabolism by aldehyde oxidase.
- Unbound fraction assays – Equilibrium dialysis and LC/MSMS analysis and interpretation
- CYP inhibition assays - CYP3A4, CYP2D6 and CYP2C9.
- Permeability assays – CACO-2 and MDCK for correlation with absorption and BBB.
- Metabolite ID – Tissue preparations, expressed enzymes and LC/MSMS identification.
In Vivo Assays
- Preclinical Pharmacokinetics – Mouse and rat studies (IV and oral) to determine
- Volume of distribution
- CNS Penetration - Mouse and rat with SC, IP, or IV administration.
Swati Nagar, Ph.D.
Kenneth Korzekwa, Ph.D.