Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Process Development and Analysis Certificate (Post-Master's) (RAQA)
(formerly GMPs for the 21st Century)
- Graduates of our MS in RAQA degree are welcome to complete the Post-Master’s Certificate in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Process Development and Analysis.
- Four courses beyond the MS are required to receive this Certificate. Three of the courses must be Unit Operations (5622), Process Monitoring (5629) and Statistical Design of Experiments (DOE) (5627).
If one or more of these courses was already completed as part of the MS, the student may substitute another course from the list of accepted electives below.
- Courses taken for the completion of the MS degree will not be counted.
- Students must apply for the Certificate before taking any courses: Application
The following courses are required for the Certificate:
- Unit Operations (5622) (must be taken prior to 5629)
- Process Monitoring (5629)
- Statistical Design of Experiments (DOE) (5627)
One elective must be completed from the following choices:
- Process Analytical Technology (PAT)(5625)
- Microbiological Concepts in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (5512)
- Risk Management for Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices(5548)
If an MS in RAQA graduate has taken one or more of the electives mentioned above, the following electives may be chosen in their place:
- Regulatory Sciences: Managing the Guidelines for Quality (5575)*
- Advanced GMPs: Defining "c" (5479)*
- Pharmaceutical Quality Management Systems (5574)*
*These courses only count towards the Post Master's Certificate in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Process Development and Analysis, only if the student already has an MS in RAQA.
Transfer credits are not accepted towards Temple’s certificate programs. Students may receive more than one post-master's certificate.
Master's Students from Other Accredited Schools in the U.S.
If you did not receive the MS in RAQA from Temple University, you are required to complete five approved courses to receive the Post Master's Certificate in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Process Development and Analysis. Please refer to the Brochure regarding course choices.
You must have sufficient industry experience and sufficient familiarity with basic tenets of RAQA to pursue the Temple U Post Master's Certificate in GMPs for the 21st Century.
You must apply before starting the program: Application. You must include a letter of request to the Assistant Dean of RAQA, indicating which courses you intend to pursue and citing your industry experience.
Include a copy of your resume and a photocopy of your final transcript from the school where you received your doctoral or master's degree.
Send all application materials to:
Temple University RAQA Graduate Program
Attn: Assistant Dean
425 Commerce Drive, Ste 175
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Formal permission to pursue the Post-Master's Certificate in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Process Development and Analysis must be received from the Assistant Dean before the student starts any courses in the Advanced Certificate program.
How to Obtain the Certificate when all courses have been completed:
Submit the Notice of Completion to the RAQA Office (hard copy only) by the stipulated deadlines (January 15 for February issuance; May 15 for June issuance; and August 20 for September issuance). Sorry, but if you miss the deadline, you will have to wait until the next time certificates are issued. Certificates will be mailed to your home in late February, late June, or late September.