Clinical Trial Management Certificate (Pre-Master's) (RAQA)
"I work in the Early Clnical Development group at my company as a clinical data analyst. I decided to take online classes from Temple University's RAQA graduate program to enhahance my knowledge about clinical trial management. I am very happy that I spent time once a week for the online courses. I learned many terms I heard at meetings which hadn't been clear to me. Now I know exactly what the terms mean, and I also understand how clinical trials and clinical data should be managed, how we need to protect patient privacy, and why patient consent is critical when obtaining samples for research and development."
"I pursued the Clinical Trial Management Certificate to show my current employer that I am qualified to do my job and that I desire to learn continuously about my field. This Certificate will also help me to pursue new career opportunities before finishing my master's degree. I will hang th e Certificate in my office to show my staff how much I value advanced education."
This five-course certificate is designed for pharmaceutical and healthcare professionals who are interested or already participate in all aspects of clinical trials. It provides the tools and information needed to design, conduct and audit clinical trials of pharmaceuticals. The courses emphasize protocol development, volunteer informed consent, study management, and the role and responsibilities of Institutional Review Boards. Required courses include:
- Drug Development (5459)
- Good Clinical Practices (5536)
- Clinical Trial Management (5537) or Global Clinical Drug Development (5539)
- Bioethics for Pharmaceutical Professionals (5612)
- Statistics for Clinical Trials (5497) or Clinical Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance (5538) or Project Management for Clinical Trials (5547) or Risk Management and Safety Signaling in Healthcare Products (Pharmaceutics 5578) or Clinical Data Management (5618).
Transfer credits are not accepted towards Temple's certificate programs.
How to Receive the Certificate when you've completed the courses:
Submit the following items to the RAQA Office (hard copy only).
2. Photocopies of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
3. A transcript from Temple's Banner system of courses taken in the RAQA program.
All materials must be received by the stipulated deadlines (January 15 for February issuance; May 15 for June issuance; and August 20 for September issuance). Sorry, but if you miss the deadline, you will have to wait until the next time certificates are issued. Certificates will be mailed to your home in late February, late June, or late September.
Note: Students may obtain only one certificate before completing the MS program, except for Food RA and QA.