Frequently Asked Questions for RAQA

When can I start taking courses?

Courses in the RAQA graduate program are offered at Fort Washington, PA, and in a real-time online format (Adobe Connect) during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters every year. New students are welcome to take any course that does not have a prerequisite.

How do I register for my first course?

If you are registering for the first time with Temple, you must submit a state residency form along with a course registration form.  Traditional classroom courses and online courses have different registration forms. (Online course registration requires additional information.)  Refer to the current Schedule of Classes for these forms.

Download the forms and fax (267.468.8565) or email them (qarareg@temple.edu) to the RAQA Office.

We encourage you to register as soon as possible, since our classes fill quickly. We will contact you immediately if there are problems with your registration.

How can I obtain more information about the RAQA Program?

We strongly encourage new students to attend one of our Open Houses held throughout the year. These events include information on how the RAQA program works and tips for succeeding in graduate school.  Staff members are present to review your record, help you select courses and answer concerns you may have.

The RAQA Office also make periodic site visits to area pharmaceutical companies to give presentations about the program. To receive an invitation to our next Open House or schedule a site visit to your company, please contact us.

Will Temple University bill my company directly for the courses I take?

Third party payments are accepted. An approved letter/contract authorizing Temple University to bill the third party must be presented to the cashier, Office of Financial Services, Temple University Ambler, by the due date of the bill.  These arrangements must be made through that office.

Once I’ve been formally admitted into the RAQA Graduate Program, are there any policies I need to be aware of?

As part of Temple’s Graduate School, matriculated students in the Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance graduate program must meet certain standards of scholarship. These include:

  • Any credits approved for transfer into our program must be of no less than B standing. This includes any graduate work completed at Temple University prior to matriculation as well as any other institutions.
  • A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 is required for graduation.
  • Failure to maintain reasonable academic progress is grounds for dismissal
  • No more than two grades of less than B- quality may be received in any graduate program.
  • Not more than one grade of "F" may be received.
  • Candidates may not graduate with any incompletes (I) on their records. An I is automatically converted to an F if the course work is not completed within one year.

Temple University publishes a list of current academic policies each semester.

Are there any special procedures for graduation?

As you complete your coursework in the RAQA M.S. program, you must follow several University procedures to be eligible to graduate.

  • First, you should call the Graduate Studies Office at the School of Pharmacy to conduct a review of your transcript, making sure you have successfully completed all the required courses and semester hours of the program. It’s strongly suggested you complete your transcript review at least two semesters before you graduate; that way, if you are missing any requirements, you can schedule them in time to complete your degree.
  • During the semester you intend to graduate, you must complete an Application for Degree, available through Self-Service Banner.

How do I obtain an application packet?

To obtain an information packet about the RAQA graduate program, call the RAQA Office (267.468.8560).

To obtain the application for the M.S. in RAQA, see Admissions.

Since some courses are the same, may I earn the M.S. in RAQA and the non-thesis M.S. In Pharmaceutics simultaneously?

Temple University permits students to complete one degree program at a time.  Should you subsequently want to complete a second master's degree offered by the School of Pharmacy, you must submit a second application.  Typically courses cannot count towards two master's degrees, so you will need to discuss your program of study for the second master's with Dr. Canney in the Graduate Studies Office.

For answers to more questions about RAQA, see this link.